is the insertion of fine needles, about the size of two human hairs, at
specific locations on the skin. The needles act as a catalyst to create
positive change in the body.
Acupuncture offers both private and community acupuncture. Please see below
for more detailed descriptions about the difference between these approaches. Many
patients make use of both styles during the treatment
Herbal Apothecary Herbs
are a vital part of Chinese Medicine and are often prescribed in
conjunction with acupuncture. Chinese Herbs are prescribed in a group
of herbs called a formula. Formulas are available in pill form or as raw herbs
made into teas. Prescribed for thousands of
years, these formulas have been given to billions of people. The herbs and pills
stocked at Rosendale Acupuncture are organic when available and are
from companies that test for impurities and have stringent
quality controls. Chinese herbal medicine is effective and very
safe when prescribed by a trained herbalist. Katie Finley, L.Ac. is
Board Certified by the National Certification Commission for
Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) in Chinese Herbology. This
represents the highest level of training currently recognized by New
Cupping is the placement of vacuum cups over the skin. Cupping produces a deep penetrating massage to a localized area loosening tight muscles and moving congestion in the lungs.
Tui Na and Acupressure Tui Na, a manipulative therapy similar to massage, is a hands-on, needle free therapy. Tui Na releases tension and promotes the movement of Qi by working the muscle and connective tissue of the body. Tui Na uses acupressure on specific points and channels to relieve aches and pains and balance the body. Tui Nu is used alone or in conjunction with acupuncture to treat various conditions.
What is Private Acupuncture?
• Most acupuncture treatments in the United States are “private,” where one patient is in a room with the practitioner.
• Private treatment allows for thorough health counseling and gives the patient meditative time alone during treatment.
• The intake process for Private Acupuncture is more involved than Community Acupuncture including; in-depth discussion, orthopedic exams, as well as other Traditional Chinese diagnostic techniques.
• Private Acupuncture sessions at Rosendale Acupuncture include; acupuncture, Chinese Herbal consultation, Tui Na massage, and personalized stretching routines or Qi Gong recommendations.
What is Community Acupuncture?
• Community Acupuncture treatments occur in a semi-private space with several people receiving treatment at the same time, similar to treatment practices in China.
• In Community Acupuncture the group as a whole creates a meditative environment by keeping voices low, similar to a library or a church, and by turning off cell phones before entering the office. Soft music and dividing screens allow for some privacy and patients never need disrobe for treatment.
• Personal health issues are discussed during a brief, private intake. Primary diagnosis centers around Chinese Tongue and Pulse observation techniques.
• Community Acupuncture streamlines the acupuncture session allowing the acupuncturist to treat more people at once, resulting in lower patient cost. Community Acupuncture allows for frequent, affordable treatments while providing high quality care.